Friday, July 12, 2013

Hardy, Arkansas

While in the Ozarks last week I took my Mom and Sister on a little day trip from her house and went to visit Hardy, Arkansas.  

Several people had told me that it was a great little town for anyone who liked going to shop for antiques or junk with old buildings to enjoy.

 
 
 
We spent five hours and that was enough to take in a great lunch, treats and shop.
 
My Mom enjoying the center courtyard garden.


 
 
 
 


Sis posing in front of one of the shops.


We ate at the "Pig N Whistle" Restaurant.

The restaurant is run by a couple of chefs who met while working on a cruise ship.  Her being from Hardy, Arkansas and him from Liverpool, England. They were married and opened this restaurant in Hardy.


My sister had the fish and chips and I had a beef, potato pastie.  Wonderful.

The queen stands in the foyer.



Pictures of several of the buildings and shops.





The above was my favorite--lots of old metal wheels, buckets and everything else.

They had a shop for any interest.

 
 
 


We topped of the day with an ice cream cone from "Hatties"



What a fun town to visit.
 
Linking with  
 
 



Ann
 
 

 

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fantastic day trip!♥♫

Terra said...

I like the name "Hardy" and the town is full of shops I would like to visit. The authentic Fish and Chips shop would be my choice to have lunch in.

My name is Riet said...

What a lovely trip you had and the photo's tell it.

Anonymous said...

I love trips like this....my ideal day! And love how the restaurant owners met.....what a great story. Have a super sweet week.

Mary {The World Is A Book} said...

I love little towns like these with personality. It looks like you had a wonderful and productive trip. I would eat at that restaurant just for its name alone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...