Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Letter N



Do you like your NICKNAME? Did you get tagged with a nickname that fits you?

NICKNAME is a pet name, label, diminutive, epithet, sobriquet, familiar name, moniker or monicker (slang) handle (slang)
Collins Thesaurus of the Eng. language


After researching on the internet I found so many fun quizzes, games to play to see if your NICKNAME fits your personality.

Almost everybody thats well-known gets tagged with a NICKNAME - Alan Alda

These are some of the NICKNAMES that I thought of as I did this post.

Old Blue Eyes
Honest Abe
The Boss
Teddy
The Duke
King of Rock n Roll

The States of the US - all have NICKNAMES:

Kansas - The Sunflower State
Missouri - Show Me State

I don't find these to complementary.



Do you or did you ever call your little girl your
 

There are thousands of example of NICKNAMES out there and so much fun researching some of them.

Have a fun ABC WEDNESDAY


Ann


9 comments:

PhenoMenon, ABCW Team said...

As Shakespeare would say.. Whats in a name...but I would add everything.. in a nickname ;)

PhenoMenon, ABCW Team

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Awesome Post Annie Roonie! lv u DebbieK

Anonymous said...

Very fun and thought-provoking post.

Carol said...

What a fun Post for the N day. I enjoyed reading this. I never had a nickname. I recognize the ones you have posted and I was always fond of Old Blue Eyes and the King of Rock and Roll!

Roger Owen Green said...

Not big on nicknames myself, but good topic.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Fun. My mom called me Miss Muffett when I was little. Otherwise, I use my full name. Other than honey and babe from my hubby!

J.Rylie.C said...

Mom and Dad calls me "Baby Love".

Hope you can come by and see my NooK, thanks!

ChrisJ said...

I had a nick name when I was growing up given to me by my father in fun, but picked up by my brother whose mission in life in those days seemed to be to belittle me in any way possible. It was picked up then by cousins and school friends and I HATED it with a passion. It wasn't particularly unkind just humiliating. Sorry, I won't share it now with you -- or anyone else for that matter -- even all these years later!!!

Annesphamily said...

I L O V E this post! You are amazing.I love nicknames. My nephews use to tease me and call me "Anna Banana! I hated it! I prefer Annie! My son has a big dog named Smokey. We call him Horse. Thinks he is a lap dog! LOL!
Great post today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...