Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Sewing Chest

Many moons ago when I was 19, newly married and living as a wife to an Airman 3rd Class making a wee salary I started searching for a job.

I landed a job in an insurance company and needed to have some nice things to wear.  No pants or jeans then-just nice dresses.

I had never sewed before but began to teach myself.  My Dad wanted to make something special for me and sent me this sewing chest.

It has lasted 50 years and is still is great shape.  The front opens for patterns and the top opens up for all the necessities.





A constant reminder of a Father's love for his daughter.

On our Second Wedding Anniversary I was able to make this dress and jacket.


Sewing has been a joy for me and still is.

Linking with ABC WEDNESDAY




Ann

5 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hello from Idaho and stop in from Sue's.
Isn't making thing nifty. Sound like you like to sew and I bet your glad you learned.
I find your rug interesting.
If you fine the time stop by and have a cup of coffee.

LV said...

Sewing was not my thing. Our mother made all our cloths mostly from flour sacks. I liked to cook better than sew. Now, do not do either one.

Roger Owen Green said...

You have SKILLS!

ROG, ABCW

MelodyK said...

to bad you live so far away... or else I would have been on your doorstep to ask you to make something wonderful for me ;-)

Melody (ABC-W-team)
20-S
Preview Round 21
Have a splendid ABC-day / week

Sue McPeak said...

What a Treasure. Love the picture of your 2nd Anniversary...I can soooo relate to the outfit and the hairdo. As you know I have a lifetime of sewing, too. Enjoyed this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...