Monday, August 25, 2014

Painted milk jars

Pinterest has so many great ideas for DIY decorating.  I really enjoy trying new crafts and when I saw painted milk jars I wanted to try.

I've had some milk jars that I bought with chocolate milk a few months ago--not vintage ones.  I thought they would be pretty painted.



I think this looks really pretty in my vintage milk carrier. Plan on making more to fill it up and in different colors.



I used regular water based acrylic paint but it won't be able to add water for fresh flowers.  Saw another pin that used oil based paint that would be able to hold water.  My next ones I will use this paint.


Linking with the delightful Miss Sally over at BLUE MONDAY




Ann

10 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Hi Ann,

What an excellent idea. Now you're stylin'. Isn’t it fun finding blue?

Happy Blue Monday!

Karen said...

What a cute idea!

Jeanne said...

Hi Ann, Thanks for your visit on PS.We were gone for the weekend so I am late visiting everyone.

Your painted milk bottle is a fun idea. I love the old milk bottle container. I remember when our milk was delivered to our home. I loved that luxury so much.

xo, Jeanne

LV said...

You are one lady full of great creative ideas. Your bottle looks so nice. I appreciated your visit today.

joyh82 said...

So cute, love the old milk jars! Neat wire holder too ;)

Ni de Aqui, Ni de Alla said...

Great idea! Yes I would use the later paint, so I can put water for flowers :)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Pretty blue bottle! That does look like something fun to try.
Take 25 to Hollister

betty-NZ said...

What a great idea! I love the color and can imagine how pretty a rainbow of bottles would be!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Ann,
This is a great idea!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Thanks for your visit!!

Have a great Holiday weekend and i am so sorry for the loss of your Uncle but your post was a beautiful tribute to him....

Hugs,
Deb

Annesphamily said...

Such pretty blues! I love those old milk bottles. My goodness, today everything seems to be disposable! I am a hard core recycle queen! When we cleaned our pantry out yesterday I recycled all the paper and glass that I could! I was looking at fall flowers and may try to make my own Wreath this year! Wink Wink! Let you know how it goes! Hugs, Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...