Friday, May 3, 2013

Keukenhof



Today is Friday and I'm sharing withOh, The Places Iv'e Been #3





On a dream vacation years ago we visited Holland and went to the Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse.



Every color of tulip is on display--even a black one. This pic shows how tall some grow-my height is still the same, can't say that about the rest of me though.


 
They were having their Tulip Festival and we had a VERY hard time find a hotel in this area, there was 8,000 extra guests in town so we ended up setting up our tents in the parking lot of the Tulip Hotel.

My Sis Deb and her family lived in Germany at the time and they also had two children. From these four we have given our Mom 9 great-grandchildren.




 
Me and my two on top of a windmill.
 
 
The pamphlet that I brought home.
 
Holland is the Holland I had pictured in my dreams as a child--gorgeous colors in all the flowers, little clear streams running throughout, tall green trees.
 
I purchased wooden shoes and Delft pieces I still display in my china cabinet.
OH I WANT TO GO BACK.
 
 
A beautiful country and wonderful people.
 
 
 
Ann 

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I can see how you want to go back. This is just GORGEOUS! Stunning pictures, Ann. I love tulips.

XO,

Sheila

Terra said...

I love tulips and would like to visit Holland at tulip time. My hubby and I visited there years ago, it is a great destination.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh, Ann, I've always wanted to visit Holland! Hopefully, someday I will. What a wonderful trip you had! I loved all your photos.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Oh, my, those tulips are gorgeous.

Sarah said...

Ann, tulips are a favorite flower for me, so I'd love to see these fields someday. Thanks for stopping by my garden. Hope to see you again. Happy travels.....Sarah

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

This was a wonderful visit wasn't it! Love the picture of the kids. Love you sis.

The Tablescaper said...

What a wonderful place. The colors are unbelievable.

Great to have you be a part of "Oh, the PLACES I have been!"

- The Tablescaper

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Ann, thanks for stopping by my blog.

I, too, have wanted to visit Holland, and what a time of year to go! Sure, you had to camp in the parking lot (BOOOOO! Give them a room!), but what amazing shots you got. It seems like a simpler way to live, there... Thanks for sharing! Amy

Annesphamily said...

Oh how lovely! I love tulips and would love to travel there. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...