Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rednesday

http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

This is such a cheerful meme, red makes so many people smile, come see what Sue's friends are sharing today!!

On a recent thrift store trip, I found this great little red box.  It was orignially for some type of food, the box says cuisine.  It find it is perfect for small scrapbooking and tag making gems.

This vintage sewing needle pack was all bundled up with vintage postcards. I adore the pictures of the ladies and the little girl.  This past week I stared teaching my granddaughters, 9 and 7 to use  the sewing machine. They are so excited!!!

The ladies are so dressed up to use a sewing machine. LOVE IT.

Happy Rednesday to ya all.


Ann

5 comments:

LV said...

It turned out your thrift find was just right for your red feature. I think that is good idea teaching the girls while young to sew. I never liked it, Had rather cook. Now, I do very little of either one.

Mecky said...

What a great fine!
I love those old needle books. I would love to have a red hat like the lady in the picture. I don't know if I would wear it, but it is so cute!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Great post sis. I had so much fun teaching Lexi at that age. They are so eager to learn. Love your box. deb

Tanya said...

Great treasures! And I LOVE that you are teaching your granddaughters to sew...mine taught me how to embroider and crochet, and I still think of her every time I do either! Happy St. Patrick's Day - Tanya

Diann said...

That needles book is just a wonderful find! Love the vintaginess of it!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...