Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wire cloche

Getting my craft hat on today, been seeing these chicken wire cloches at fairs and wanted to make some for our house.

I bought this large bundle of chicken wire last year to keep the squirrels out of my tomatoes.

I used some vintage hand crochet and ribbon to decorate, the knobs are new. I do have some vintage glass doorknobs but right now they are hiding from me somewhere.






There are lots of possibilities here for lots of holidays etc.

Linking with ABC WEDNESDAY
                   PINK SATURDAY








Ann

6 comments:

LV said...

One thing I would have never thought of. Have had to use chicken wire a lot when growing up, but never like this.

MelodyK said...

wow lovely.... long time ago i made such things by myself, brings back nice memories

Have a nice abcwednes-day / – week
♫ M e l d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
(http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-18-w/)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Now, I want to go buy some brand new chicken wire. We have some very old stuff in the backyard but I don't want to bring them inside. But, I could make something to display outside. I've fantasized about welding something big to put in the front yard. Maybe I ought to consider chicken wire. Hmmmmm. Thanks for the inspiration.

bj said...

just as cute as can be...

Unknown said...

This is a cute idea. I sure have the crochet items to use, will need to get some chicken wire. Thanks for sharing.

Roger Owen Green said...

What a clever use for WIRE mesh!

ROG, ABCW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...