Thursday, April 10, 2014

Main thing

We have arrived at the letter M for ABC WEDNESDAY and my entry is "THE MAIN THING".

A famous quote from Stephen Covey.


Do you struggle with keeping what is most important in your life your main focus?  I think all of us suffer somewhat with this.

And I don't think we only have one main thing either.  Our pastor has preached over the past 30 years with this emphasis.

"THE FIVE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE"

In this order:

1.  God
2.  Spouse
3.  Children/grandchildren
4.  Local church
5.  Your work/retirement

I really try to live by this and make my life mean something, not go by everyday without a purpose. I have invested many hours attending to all of these principles.

Linking with ABC WEDNESDAY



Ann

5 comments:

Carver said...

I agree that it's important to focus on what matters the most to us. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Roger Owen Green said...

HARD to do!
ROG, ABC Wednesday

Nonnie said...

great priority list! Indiana had a personal car license plate a few years ago whose message was KIDS FIRST. As a teacher, I saw no harm in it, but our pastor explained that the husband (after God, of course) should come first in order to have a strong marriage, thus a strong family unit.

Reader Wil said...

My main things are about the same as the ones you wrote down.
I also see my being responsible for the environment as a main object. Good post Ann!
have a most wonderful weekend!
Wil, ABCW team.

Theresa said...

That's a great list to print out and keep on my nightstand! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...