Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday

http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/

Past week's been a lot hectic.  My 85 year old Mom fell and broke her shoulder in numerous places and also cracked her jaw.  We went and got her from her hometown  (5.5 hours away) and brought up here to  Kansas University Hospital to see the ortho and recoop.  She decided against surgery and we are hoping the shoulder will heal as is.  We have a hospital bed in our sunrrom and she is visited by a homecare nurse 3times a week and physical therapy twice a week.

I wanted to post something this week and I am featuring a  vintage Kansas metal plate I hang in my kitchen.



Mom was 85 on the 8th of this month and her brother and sister came to celebrate--a pic of her.


She's enjoying a chocolate peanut butter birthday cupcake!!! So good.  Also there's a plate of mini cupcakes in all kinds of wonderful flavors.  Some of these days I'm going to be shopping for vintage stuff again and hopefully have some fun things to post.


Hope you all enjoy the rest of the week.

Ann

4 comments:

LV said...

Ann, sorry to hear about your mother. It is never good to fall at any age, but especially hers. I trust in time she will mend back very well. She is lucky to have you to help her. So many seniors do not. Take care.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Cool metal plate ! I hope your mom is better soon, Happy Birthday to her !

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Love the tin. Mom looks good in this picture. Glad she had a good birthday.

Under Her Wings said...

Ann, thanks for the comment. I am praying for you today. Now and then it's just good to have an "unknown" praying for an "unknown." May your weekend be blessed, enjoyable and peaceful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...