Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday

http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/

What a great day to show some of those items that have been lurking around in keepsake boxes and drawers.  I actually have this item sitting on a table in our sunroom.

My hubbys maternal grandparents were born in the 1890's, and this belonged to his grandpa. 

This is a dual blade sharpener for a razor.  The case  is leather that snaps closed.  The actual sharpener is silver.  It's not easy getting a shot because it's so shiny.


The back lettering says
Twin Plex
Manufacturing Company
St. Louis MO
Pat May 31, 1910

As you turn the little round disks the blade goes up and down and sharpens against the rollers.

I have several items from my grandmother and my husbands grandparents, I was wondering how many of us are setting things back we use so our grandchildren and great grandchildren have a piece of us to remember. Or do we toss it out when we're done with it?
Just a thought!


Ann

7 comments:

LV said...

These are wonderful treasures. I have just a few things, and regret I did not save more. When younger, your mind is not on the saving things for the next generation.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Isn't that just the coolest thing! Fascinating! I wonder if things like this will be making a comeback with people trying to conserve.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Postcardy said...

I have an old razor set that I think has a similar sharpener in it.

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Hi Ann ... you have the coolest vintage thingies! I have so many small 'items' that belonged to my grandmother and I will treasure them always. Keep things for the grands, once they're old enough, they will appreciate it!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Hi Sis! I think your sharpener is cool. We probably toss our stuff because we are too busy collecting their stuff. lol I do have a set of perfume bottles from the first valentines day Bob and I were dating!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Now that is one interesting piece, Ann!
I have 2 boys so I keep thinking I need to put prices on the bottom of things so they don't go and just sell it for a quarter when I am gone!

LOL!

Hugs,
Debbie

Diann said...

How cool is that! I have never seen one of these! Great find!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...