Sunday, March 21, 2010

Blue Monday 3/22/10

Today is Monday and it's time to join Sally @http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/
 for todays post.  Hop on over and see all of the posts everyone is sharing today.

Today we're BLUE because our KU Jayhawks have been knocked out of the NCAA Basketball  Tournament.  The Big 12 still has Kansas State, I think maybe Oklahoma and Baylor still in.  So if one of those makes to the final four I will concede (it hurts) and root for them.

Well on to happier things, I went over to my sisters today to work on some wedding shower plans for a daughter of a mutual friend of ours and  saw this as I arrived.  My brother-in-law out blowing snow wearing shorts.   He was wearing blue so I grabbed my camera.  He's so funny.....

I was out of town this past week and ofcourse I had to stop at the local thrift store.  I found this yellow and blue ceramic bird house.  It has a brass hanger on top, I'm  not sure if I will hang it in the sunroom or just set it somewhere.  It's not vintage but I still really like the colors.


Since it's getting close to Good Friday, I thought I'd post a picture of mine that is of the Last Supper.  This I purchased on ebay and it hangs in our bedroom.



A new pillow I purchased to go along with all the blue in the sunroom.

Hope you all enjoy your week, have a GREAT BLUE MONDAY.

Ann

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

The snow must have moved from here to you! But I've never seen anyone out in shorts with a snowblower here! That birdhouse is very unusual, I think I'd set it down so it wouldn't fall to the floor. Thanks for sharing. ♥♪

GwendolynKay said...

Your brother in law is funny... was it warm out? I love the last supper picture..a great reminder of Easter and what it is truely about.
Pretty pillow.
Blessings!
Gwen

susan said...

Ann-So nice to "meet" you! I got a kick out of the snow blowing picture! Can you believe this weather? The Easter bunny may need a snow mobile :) Love your blues!

Sally said...

Only a man...
Love the blue. Happy Blue Monday.

♥ Kathy said...

That first picture is so funny! Happy Blue Monday!

Kim, USA said...

This makes me laugh where can you find snow blowing in shorts? ^_^ Happy Monday!

MYM=Bird or chicken?
Macro Monday~ The bud

Anonymous said...

I like your pictures, Ann. Happy Blue Monday~

LV said...

Another great blue post for today. I enjoy visiting and seeing what you will come up with next. There must be something wrong. I just cannot imagine anyone blowing snow in shorts.

Tracy F. said...

Love the ceramic birdhouse! Why don't I ever find things like that at thrift shops?

Your BIL in his shorts reminds me of the men in my family!

Glo said...

I'm not sure that I have ever seen anyone using a snow blower while wearing shorts! I'm so glad he was wearing blue so he fit into the Blue Monday meme and that you shared it! I love it!
Your bird house is very pretty as is the painting and the pillow! So many nice blues!

Happy Blue Monday!

p.s. I like the name of your blog!

Denise Marie said...

Wow, my Uncle just told me this week he was plowing snow. What a blessing for me to see your hubby doing the exact thing he was describing to me. (sorry, not fun for ya'll). God is sooo good!! He is really showing me blogging buddies all over the country that live near family that I'm reconnecting with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...