Monday, September 8, 2014

I'm Late, I'm Late for a very important date

As the White  Rabbit says "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date. But late is better than never posting your designated letter.

For letter H this week I am featuring a character from my favorite Lewis Carroll book written in 1865,  Alice in Wonderland. I enjoy every character but my favorite is the HATTER.



He's called the MAD HATTER, but that name does not appear in the book by Carroll. Hatta  is also an alias for HATTER.  The Cheshire cat calls the HATTER "mad" in chapter 7, "A Mad Tea Party". It is assumed this is where MAD HATTER originated.

I really wish that ladies would wear HATS here in the U.S. more, it's just so elegant.

I do have a way to wear HATS though, I belong to the Red Hats and I have several hats.




I took pictures of all my hats and have done some organizing for my closet.


A box for each hat with the picture that matches. This will make finding the one I want to wear easier.

Linking with ABC WEDNESDAY



ann

4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love hats! And that is a clever way to ID them. Cute hatbox, too!

xo

Sheila :-)

Carver said...

Great take, the hatter works well for a later H entry. Carver, ABCW-T

Buttercup said...

Cute post. I'm not a hat wearer, but I do have a cute fleece hat trimmed in turquoise that I wear in the coldest weather.

Black Jack's Carol said...

I so relate to "late for important dates" :) I was afraid of The Hatter as a child after seeing a movie of Alice in Wonderland that had just a little too much yelling for my sensitivities at the time. Now, I think he's pretty neat. I'm hoping you will post lots of pictures of yourself with what I'm betting are some wonderful hats.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...