Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Recital

For the letter R this week I am featuring the strings players at my granddaughters school district RECITAL.


This was the end of the year concert and I recording the final song "Ode To Joy".  All of the students from each of the elementary schools orchestras participated from the 5th grade to the Concert Orchestra at the high school.









Our granddaughter is the violinist in the center of the picture in the long sleeve shirt. The district consists of one highschool, one junior high and five elementary schools with several music teachers who mentor all the young people.

Linking with ABC WEDNESDAY





Ann

10 comments:

Photo Cache said...

perfect r post.

frankly my dear

Hazel said...

Recitals are fun events.

Nonnie said...

Ode to Joy sparks joy in my heart!

photowannabe said...

Lovely.
We are going to our Granddaughter's final Spring Concert next week.
She plays French Horn and is in the 8th grade. I can't believe she will be in High School next year.
The concerts are so much fun.

Carver said...

This was great. Love seeing your granddaughter playing violin. Carver, ABCW-Team

Reader Wil said...

Great word, recital! The Europian national anthem is Ode to Joy by Ludwig van Beethoven. Is that the same music they played?
I like it, but it is difficult to sing! Far too high.
Have a great week.
Wil, ABCW Team.

Roger Owen Green said...

Love this music.
ROG, ABCW

Hildred said...

Lovely, - I remember piano recitals as bitter-sweet affairs - great eats but terrible nerves!!!

Black Jack's Carol said...

Oh, this brought back such Remembrances, Ann, of my years teaching band and choir to high school students. Watching (and hearing!) kids make music together Really lifts my heart. Thanks for sharing!

LV said...

Nothing beats what our grans do. Love it. I am doing much better. Finally, today felt like my self and ready to get back in blogging. Except, I am having a time with comments and downloading images to my post. Thank you for remembering me with your lovely card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...