Tuesday, February 11, 2014

EPIC

This has been an EPIC week watching the Winter Olympics in Sochi.  There have been EPIC performances by such outstanding athletes.

EPIC is  defined as accomplishment of difficult or impressive achievements, impressively great and extending beyond the usual or ordinary.

I have been recording each and every evening and then watching them back in succession. I have to be careful and not see any of the spoilers. We just watched the Men's Luge and I cannot comprehend  how you can travel down an ice roller coaster on a short sled at 85mph and finish under 2 minutes.

Did you watch the EPIC opening ceremony.  I enjoyed the history of the USSR, seeing the beautiful costumes and the flying apparatus.

I love to watch the Ice Skating but I get so nervous for them, I don't know how their families can even watch.

I'm looking forward to see how Shaun White does, he sure looks different than he did 4 years ago!!!

Linking with ABC WEDNESDAY


Ann

7 comments:

ellen b said...

I do enjoy Shaun's new more mature look. Love watching most all the winter sports!

photowannabe said...

I've been enjoying the Olympics too.
I'm right there with you...how do they do the things they do?
Too scary and the hard work and dedication is amazing.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I haven't been watching. Been caught up with other things.

Glad you are enjoying it!

xo

Sheila

Roger Owen Green said...

Must be difficult avoiding the spoilers! My wife's really into the ice skating. Maybe I'll watch some hockey.
ROG, ABCW

lisa said...

Those opening ceremonies were one of the most colorful ceremonies I've ever seen. I loved all of it, especially the torch lighting. Awesome.

Carver said...

I enjoyed the opening ceremony as well as the athletic events too. Great take on the letter E. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Gattina said...

I have seen just nothing, only a reportage about the awful working conditions for the workers still waiting for their salary.
The way Putin had used the Olympic Winter games to show that he is the Tzar now in Russia, is really very sad for the sport !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...