Tuesday, October 15, 2013

VINTAGE WEEKLY

I have just discovered a meme where I can feature one of my vintage photos each week.   Was looking through the blogs I follow and saw a family photo from Nonnie's Observations and decided to check out the link.

Jane at VINTAGE WEEKLY MEME  has a wonderful place to show off those vintage photos and the link is open for the entire week.

Recently I discovered this photo of my Dad from 1937 that a cousin of mine posted on Facebook.



Daddy was a country boy and I can only image him on a family trip in their model T and having the funds to visit a photography studio.  Don't you love the stained glass window and drapes.  Daddy would have been 13 in this photo. 

What a cutie he was, he looks so adorable in that hat!!  He grew up to be a very handsome man and had a wonderful life with 4 girls, me being the oldest.



Check out the party!!




Ann

6 comments:

Nonnie said...

ooh, such a handsome lad! I'm glad you joined the party. :)

Patty Antle said...

I love vintage photos! Yes, your dad was a cutie. I love the stories behind the photos. Isn't it fun to find linky parties that interest us!

Theresa said...

Oh my, he is looking mighty handsome:) Great picture! Have a blessed week dear friend, HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a handsome young man and I know you're glad to have this photo! Enjoy your week!

Jane said...

Nice shot, thanks for linking :)

Annesphamily said...

Such a wonderful photo. A handsome fellow your dad! When I look at the phamily photos I often wonder what they were thinking at that time in their life. I wish I had asked more questions!
Really a nice tribute for your dad. Hugs Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...