Friday, August 30, 2013

Oh The Places I've Been

One of the most eventful trips of our lives was to Italy when our children were young.  This picture is taken of my hubby and me on our gondola ride  in Venice.




I love the pictures of the architectural buildings along side the water with the gondolas.


 
 
 
 
 
 




My Sister and her husband along with our Son in this picture. 
 
 




 

I thought this was so cool--a one way sign in the alley way!!

 

The black line on the column denotes the water level during a flood of Venice. From wickepedia : Venice has a history of "aqua alta"- meaning high water. The first official measurements of sea levels began in 1872.

On to go back would be a dream for us.

Linking withOH THE PLACES I'VE BEEN


 
Ann

6 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I have been to Venice many times and I love the architecture there. I have never taken a gondola ride, as they are super expensive

Judy said...

It's fun to look at the places you've been...a friend of mine just went to Italy and really liked it...it's so old...
Are you the person who was interested in catalpa trees? I have a package for you if you'd like to send me your address via my email...

Theresa said...

Oh what a fun trip down Memory Lane:) Have never seen such beauty with my own eyes! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

wish you were going with us in sept balcony rooms are going of $1,600 for 12 nights!

bj said...

Oh, Anni...I would love to take a gondola ride in Italy. I'm so glad you got to do this...and just maybe ya'll can go back someday. :))

sweetvintageofmine said...

What beautiful memories!! I need to get out more.....!! Blessings~~~Roxie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...