Friday, November 9, 2012

Pink Saturday

I'm so proud of my granddaughter, she is in the first year of violin and she is in the 5th grade.

 
Last week we attended her first concert at school. They played 3 songs-picking only-for now. Bowing comes in a few weeks.

The violin she is playing was bought for me by my parents in 1957.  There is a certificate on the inside stating the date my Dad picked it out.  He bought it brand new so that makes it 55 years old.
I have kept in the case all these years. My sis Deb also played in during elementary school.  I stopped playing when I took a bad fall, broke my wrist--compound fracture--the doctors put together what they could but my wrist never bent the same again.

All the violin needed was a new bridge and strings.  She picked out a new bow and we bought her the PINK CASE.

My Dad passed away 20 years ago but I do know he would be so proud of his great-granddaughter.

There is nothing better than having a legacy, wouldn't you agree?

Linking with Beverly@http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog

Ann

5 comments:

LV said...

These grand or great grand ones can do about anything they want and do it well. I can understand your being proud of her.

Patty said...

A special violin for a special granddaughter. Love the pink case.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Congrats! She is so precious with that lovely violin! I know you must be SO proud, Ann!

XO,

Sheila

MaiThreeBoyz said...

That's a great legacy to hand down from one generation to another. Great that you were able to keep it in good condition for your granddaughter's use.

Jen said...

Congratulations! What a lovely grand-daughter! You must be so proud!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...