Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

In lieu of stockings this year, I thought I would do something different for my grandchildren.  I've created a 12 days of Christmas to begin today the 14th.

I have all kinds of goodies for them and I think they will enjoying getting a small gift each day.

I used toilet paper rolls, covered them with wrapping paper  and glued one end with craft glue.  Attached them with a clothes pin, the only problem is some of the gifts are too big for two or three gifts so some of them will be a little note directing them to the location of the gift.

Today is the first day so I'm looking forward to when they get home from school.

I'm linking with http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/ for Rednesday.

Ann


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very lovely!

Rednesday

LV said...

Ann, that mind of your stays in full gear all the time. You come up with the best ever ideas. This one is perfect.

genie said...

Ann....Can you believe that I have managed to get back over here after all of these months of not posting to my Buttons for Baga blog. I am now totally at my “climbingthedigitalmountain” one, and this week I posted a vintage red Remington typewriter. Hooked in with Ruby Tuesday and then I remembered Rednesday and you all...so here I am. I LOVE your 12 day of Christmas banner. I will have to remember that for next year just to enjoy here with Buddy. It is a precious idea. This year I made 12 fabric tied wreaths for gifts and my fingers are bruised from cutting hundreds of fabric strop with the pinking shears (50 year old ones.) Your idea would NOT kill my finders like the shears did. Hope you Mr. Lion are well this Christmas and Santa dos come to see him. Am still looking for you the nutcrackers, but as yet have not found them. Hugs, genie

The Old Parsonage said...

What a great idea and I love that it's "green!"

Enjoy every moment!

Leann

Unknown said...

Great idea and so fun! Happy REDnesday! Hugs Marilou

Holly said...

This is such a darling idea!! I can imagine how much they will love finding a surprise each day!
Wonderful!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Totally clever and cute!

SOMETHING RED

Something cherry, something blue,
Something scarlet just for you;
Something blazing as the sun,
Something red when day is done.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Desert reds here and here

Marfi-topia said...

These are so neat!
What a great idea.
You won my giveaway... I just need your
Snail mail addy ASAP to get your gift to you.
Congratulations!
Marfi

Annesphamily said...

What a sweet idea! I bet everyone enjoys this new tradition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...