Friday, June 24, 2011

Pink Saturday

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog

Sending pink kisses to all of my Pink Saturday friends today!!!!!

Just a little history on the X's used for kisses. During Medeival ages, a cross was drawn on documents or letters to mean sincerity and honesty.  A KISS was then placed on the upon thre cross by the signer  to display their sworn oath. It has gradually become a symbol for love and people still draw in on their cards and letters.


I have a few different pinks for today.

First my 9 yr. old grand made a pillow for Papaw for him to use in his easy chair. She used the sewing machine and stuffed the pillow with pillow foam.  Very summery and PINK.


Our girls enjoying the beautiful 70 degree weather this past week (very unseasonal).


We are currently working on our new deck and the mild weather has been so wonderful to work in.

I love the way the stem grows on this Clome plant don't you?

HAVE A PINKALICIOUS DAY.


ann

13 comments:

LV said...

Thank you for this nice summer outing with your family. I never knew that about X for kisses.

Unknown said...

Love the creative grand's pillow for g'pa. Very pretty.
Have a lovely PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Ann Sweetie...
What a beautiful share today. Thank you for the history on the X as I did not know this. I love learning new things each day.

The pillow your sweet grand made for her PaPa is gorgeous. I love the fabric. A wonderful choice for this time of year. He will be cool all the time, as he is in the water with the fishes.

Love the little monkeys on the swingset. They are the cutest little acrobats I have seen in some time. Love seeing their little faces.

Love this clome plant. I can't say that I have ever seen one. It is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Have a beautiful Pink Saturday sweet friend and a gorgeous weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Rebecca Nelson said...

Happy Pink Saturday Ann! That little pillow made for your hubby is just darling! What a SWEET GIFT!

Happy pink Saturday to you! Hope our day is lovely~

xoRebecca

Barb B. said...

Hi Ann, thank you so much for stopping by to say hi! That pillow makes me cool just to look at it, and beautiful granddaughters, to boot! Neat plant, but I have never heard of that one!
Have a wonderful blessed weekend!
Barb

The Artful Diva said...

Thanks for the history lesson - very interesting!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh your girls look like fun! I'm a third grade teacher. Didn't realize the Judy Moody movie was out. I'll have to take my soon-to-be fifth grader - she'll love it, I'm sure.

Love your cleome! I've never grown one before. Did you plant from seed or transplant? Such a fun cottage garden type of flower.

Thanks for buzzin' my place. It was nice to see you.

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday, That pillow your granddaughter created is wonderful, I think we have budding talent here! Hugs, Marilou

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post and I love seeing the girls play in the summer sun. :) I didn't know that about kisses. xo Happy happy Pink Saturday

Marina Capano said...

So funny!

Happy pink saturday!

not accidentally tuesday said...

Beautiful pinks sis. S made such a cut pillow. Love all your flowers. See you in a few days!!!! yeah sun and fun to come. Debbie

Shirl said...

Hi Ann, Happy Pink Saturday! Love your pink post this week! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment.
Hugs, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Unknown said...

Ann! I'm your newest follower. Happy Pink Saturay (on Monday tee hee)I enjoy reading your blog girl! xxs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...