Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blue Monday New Books





Join Sally@http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ for more BLUE MONDAY POSTS.

I picked up some books Friday on  another garage sale trip.  I love vintage books and especially gardening ones.  This little book is so neat, great illustrations.


I was imediately drawn to it, the beautiful flowers and artful lettering. The words are done in blue with purple flowers for the cover.

The inside pages looks almost like they have been hand written.


On the front inside cover there is a special message To Mother, dated August 8, 1913.

Each individual flower is listed and then an adjective that is suppose to describe that flower.

example:  Lemon Blossoms-Fidelity in Love
Purple Lilac - First emotions of love

I really love this little book, I will keep it out to read it often.

I also picked up this cookbook by Susan Branch.  It is a summer cookbook with fabulous illustrations and wonderful activities to do in summer.  Beautiful colored pages.




I love the page on the left tells how to have a wonderful tea party and the reciepe on the right for fish tacos I am going to make.

Have a wonderful Monday

Ann

21 comments:

LV said...

You must have some really great places to shop in your area. All your finds have been wonderful. Both of those books are very interesting.

peggy gatto said...

I have the flower book and it is a favorite!!!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I agree with LV I'd love to come shopping with you. Both of these book sound very interesting. I'd love to try that fish taco recipe.
Molly

☺lani☺ said...

The Summer Cookbook caught my attention, interesting! Happy Monday too!

Annelie said...

You have soma amazing books there Ann!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sounds like you found some great books! I love books, and that's something of which you can never have enough. Glad you got these pretty ones.

Happy Blue Monday to you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Becky said...

Susan Branch books are so much fun. And I love the flower book. You did great with your garage sale shopping. And good choices for Blue Monday!

Jan said...

Ann, That is a lovely idea for Blue Monday! You sure have an eye to find a treasure.
Many Blessings - Jan

SmilingSally said...

You've found a load of charm within these books. Happy Blue Monday, Ann.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What great books!! Just lovely!!

Debbie

Lady Patchy said...

summer blue book is really beautiful

Pie said...

Cooking will be more fun with that cute cookbook. I would love to have one. :)

My Blue Monday.

Anonymous said...

Those are very unique and neat books. I really like the handwritten-ness of the one. And, on the one page, about the tea party - I was wondering about the spelling ... "sutible" and "instring"... then I realized it's written by a 9 year old. That's precious! Enjoy your finds! ALso, thanks for coming by and leaving me a note! ENjoyed your post and note. THanks, Jenn

Loui♥ said...

Hi..
Happy blue Monday!!
what delightful treasures..
especially the book of Flowers..
Love it!
thanks for stopping by my place earlier!
warmest hugs!
Loui♥

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love the vintage books especially the gardening one!
What great finds!
Cindy

Shy said...

Pretty interesting vintage books you got there. happy Blue Monday

joyh82 said...

Cute books, I love Susan Branch's illustrations. Have a great week!

Dena E's Blog said...

Wow Ann, wish I had found you sooner..Awesome blog!!! Love all the neat lil things and pics you have to share with us all !!! I am for sure going to add on as a follower if its ok,,love the feel here and its simply Great!!! Thanks for stopping mine earlier..I did get a slow start today. We have our sweet grandaughter on Mondays too so we do keep busy ;0) Hugs for thinking of me..~~~Dena in Iowa

Anonymous said...

What great books! I do love Susan Branch and remember when her illustrations were in one of the decorating magazines.
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Love getting to see what you are finding!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Hey sis Check out this new blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...