Saturday, December 9, 2017

Hymn board

Growing up in a small church as a child there was always a hymn board on the front wall. It showed the attendance for the day, offering and hymns to be sung. 

I've been looking for one on all the vintage sites but never found one I thought was a reasonable price. I finally purchased a new one from a Christian Book store.



I made letters, only found numbers pre-made. I have this hung in my sun room close to my mantle. Thought Silent Night was a good message and added the greenery.

Puts me in a fond remembrance on my childhood. Thinking of all the ways I can use this through the year.

Linking with PINK SATURDAY



Ann

2 comments:

Terra said...

This is a brilliant idea; I grew up in a small church with a wooden song board too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I did not know about these; our church does not use one. What a splendid idea! I will be so looking forward to your changes of it, and what you put on!! Easter will be a fun time for it, too. Wow, your letters are perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...