Friday, July 12, 2013

Hardy, Arkansas

While in the Ozarks last week I took my Mom and Sister on a little day trip from her house and went to visit Hardy, Arkansas.  

Several people had told me that it was a great little town for anyone who liked going to shop for antiques or junk with old buildings to enjoy.

 
 
 
We spent five hours and that was enough to take in a great lunch, treats and shop.
 
My Mom enjoying the center courtyard garden.


 
 
 
 


Sis posing in front of one of the shops.


We ate at the "Pig N Whistle" Restaurant.

The restaurant is run by a couple of chefs who met while working on a cruise ship.  Her being from Hardy, Arkansas and him from Liverpool, England. They were married and opened this restaurant in Hardy.


My sister had the fish and chips and I had a beef, potato pastie.  Wonderful.

The queen stands in the foyer.



Pictures of several of the buildings and shops.





The above was my favorite--lots of old metal wheels, buckets and everything else.

They had a shop for any interest.

 
 
 


We topped of the day with an ice cream cone from "Hatties"



What a fun town to visit.
 
Linking with  
 
 



Ann
 
 

 

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fantastic day trip!♥♫

Terra said...

I like the name "Hardy" and the town is full of shops I would like to visit. The authentic Fish and Chips shop would be my choice to have lunch in.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Lots of beautiful photos on this posting. Lovely photos. You had a wonderful day! Thanks for your comment. cheers

My name is Riet said...

What a lovely trip you had and the photo's tell it.

Lynn @The Vintage Nest said...

I love trips like this....my ideal day! And love how the restaurant owners met.....what a great story. Have a super sweet week.

Mary {The World Is A Book} said...

I love little towns like these with personality. It looks like you had a wonderful and productive trip. I would eat at that restaurant just for its name alone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...