Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pink Saturday - Rose of Sharon

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog
Happy to back with Beverly this Saturday, I've been out of town for the last two weekends.

Sitting on our deck we see our neighbors Rose of Sharon.  It starts blooming in June and is still going strong.  Our VERY hot and dry summer has not deterred this from blooming.




We purchased this Purple martin house several years ago.
Look at this stinker Purple Martin, he's sitting on top of fhis home but has let the Starlings live there.

Hoping PINK flowers are blooming in your neck of the woods.


Ann

8 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That bird house gave me a laugh with the tiny antennae. I love the rose of sharon bushes. We have one that we moved from my MIL's house 27 years ago to two other homes we had...each time we moved we dug it up and moved it again. It has now been in our backyard for 21 years. We talk about how we moved it every season when it blooms!

LV said...

Glad you enjoyed some relaxing time. It is a good thing for all of us to do now and then. I love your pinks, but the martin house is my favorite. The Starlings will take them over. My son has a martin house and he has to work to keep those other birds out.

mercedes scott said...

Lucky, lucky you that gets to enjoy all those pink roses! Mine didn't do as well this year... so I'm a teensy bit jealous... lol
p.s. many thanks for your visit and kind comments :)

Annesphamily said...

Sweet birdhouse and birdie too! I love your pretty blooming plant. It has been hot and dry here too! Enjoy the weekend. Anne

Sue McPeak said...

I'm so envious of your view of the Rose of Sharon. It's soooo much prettier than our view of dead, brown everything! Cute birdhouse, too. Guess that Birdie is out watching for the Cable Guy! Have a great weekend and Happy Pink Saturday...glad you are back.

Self Sagacity said...

Oh, I wished my green bushes have those flowers too.
Come join the conversations every Thursday and Post your questions on Thursday Two Questions Meme

Marilyn said...

Rose of Sharon seems to love the summer heat. Me, not so much.♥♫

Jeanne said...

Hi Ann, I too love the Rose of Sharon bushes. I have a huge on in my yard. Like your neighbor's bush ours is full of blooms and gorgeous.

Hugs, Jeanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...