Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Red's on R & R

Today I'm linking with http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ and http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

The last few weeks have been quite hectic and overwhelming.  My Mom has had medical problems and we have been taking care of her.  Her home is 5 hours away so the first emergency call was frantic.  After bringing her to our city - and seeing Doctors here we are finally on the road to some healing.

I have a few moments today, hope I'm not too late to enter a couple of memes.

On R & R with my Sister we spotted a beautiful red roofed barn and then realized it was an alpaca farm. Too cool.

I learned that they sell the wool for clothing and also Alpacas are sold to farmers to herd their sheep.  The sheep will follow the tallest animal they see----Alpacas do this really well.


Hope you really enjoy the rest of your week.


Ann

7 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Oh I love to see any animals we can find when we're on road trips!.. I am so sorry to hear your Mom is not well. I will remember her in my prayers, Ann.. Gosh, it sounds like you must be busy, but being you're a Wizard of Oz fan, I'm wondering if you might like to see my mini album... It's for the most part done, and I finally got a video up on my blog. Pour yourself a cuppa, when you have the time, and see it if you can!.. And while taking care of your Mom, remember to take care of you too! ((hugs)) ~tina

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Blessed alpacas--I love 'em!

IN LOVE WITH RED

I’m heels over head
In love with Red,
There’s nothing that I won’t do
To let you all know
I love Red so—
Nothing, of course, against you!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Blazing Ocotillo

LV said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. Trust she will soon improve. It is not ever easy when it comes to taking care of someone ill. I have been down that road more than I care to remember. I love old barns. These you share are great.

Anonymous said...

that's funny, they'll follow the tallest ... awesome barn. I love barns. Hope you're all getting rest. Prayed for rest, calm, peace and assurance, and healing for you all and your mom. Take care.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I didn't know sheep follow the tallest. That's interesting. Hope your mom gets better soon. I have been helping my aged mom too and it can be exhausting.

Susanne said...

Great barn, great shot. I think you've just given me next Wednesday's shot. Thanks.

SueLovesCherries said...

Huh! Sheep follow tallest - learn something new every day! Nice barn! Hope your mom gets better quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...